Are you a Developer with DevOps experience looking for a chance to play a key role in an exciting new, well funded 'start up'... This could be your opportunity!
Labrador is on the verge of disrupting the UK energy market way energy, using smart home technology & big data to allow customers monitor, manage and change energy supply to their home with a single click!
Right, now for the 'Techie' stuff!
Labrador have partnered with ThoughtWorks to design our technology approach, incorporating the latest software delivery principals (Agile, Continuous Delivery, Clean Code, OOP), and we need a Senior Developer to take over (& sometimes partner) the great work they have started. If you are passionate about quality development, DevOps, UI design and seeing your work really make a difference to people, we'd love to hear from you!
Being a startup role, you will have a mix of skills – DevOps/ Dev/ UI Dev. You will initially report to Thoughtworks and then the CTO.
You will be responsible for operational technical requirements and management, taking responsibility for designing and implementing infrastructure for delivering and running software services (at times in partnership with Thoughtworks and at times independently).
This involves hands-on involvement in building deployment and testing pipelines, automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure, and infrastructure support services such as monitoring. There are a lot of moving pieces to fit together. You will be depended upon for advice regarding the cross-functional aspects of user stories which may not always be obvious from the start. Watching out for performance bottlenecks and scaling pitfalls.
In a role that is a mix of DevOps/ Dev/ UI Dev, here’s what you’ll bring:
· Excellent communication skills
· Extensive experience working with server virtualisation (VMWare, Xen, etc.), IaaS and PaaS cloud (primarily AWS)
· Familiarity with Terraform or any similar configuration management tool
· An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done
· Proficiency in building Linux and Windows systems (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)
· Capable of releasing production-ready software on a daily basis
· Experience with continuous integration tools (GoCD, Jenkins, Travis-CI)
· Some experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
· Operations experience
· Champion agile best practices and Continuous Delivery
· Build strong relationships with business people
· Facilitate problem solving to make solutions a reality.
· Hands-on development and delivery experience with a broad mix of languages and technologies
· Passion for software engineering and craftsman-like coding prowess
· Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge and enterprise integration
· Knowledge of software best practices like Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, Encapsulation etc
· Experience of working in a forward thinking, OSS-centric environment
Interested? Please email your CV to email@example.com